The goal of content marketing is to attract and keep a target audience – and, in the end, to drive profitable consumer action – by generating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content.
The goals are no different for content marketing for OTT businesses. The right content can help you attract new customers and drive sales while building trust and credibility with your audience, which is incredibly important as 42% of Americans find brands and companies less truthful today than 20 years ago. And when you have an audience that trusts you, they’re more likely to purchase from you.
But what does content marketing for an OTT business look like? Here are a few key content marketing stats that show how important content is for driving sales in the OTT industry:
- 74% of B2B buyers say they use content to research purchase decisions. (Source: Forrester)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates 3 times as many leads. (Source: Demand Metric)
- Businesses that blog receive 126% more lead growth. (Source: Impact)
- Blogging also gives your website 434% more indexed pages and 97% more inbound links, both of which are key ranking factors on Google. (Source: Hubspot)
As you can see, content marketing is essential for driving sales in the OTT space. To attract and retain customers, you need to create valuable, relevant content that speaks to their needs.
What types of content can be used to drive B2B OTT sales
There are many content options that your OTT business can use to drive sales for your OTT business. Some content marketing ideas include:
- Creating blog posts, articles, and gated assets that provide valuable information related to your industry
- Creating helpful how-to videos or guides that show your audience how to use your product or service
- Sharing customer testimonials and case studies that highlight the results your audience can achieve
- Hosting a webinar or virtual event to share valuable information with your audience
How to create a content marketing strategy for your OTT business
Now that you know the importance of content marketing for driving sales in the OTT space, it’s time to start creating a content marketing strategy for your business. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Define your target audience. The first step is to identify who you want to reach with your content. What are their needs and pain points? What type of content will they find valuable?
- Research your competition. Take some time to research your competition and see what type of content they’re producing. What’s working well for them? What could be improved?
- Create a content calendar. Once you have a clear idea of the type of content you want to create, it’s time to plan and schedule your content. A content calendar will help you stay organized and on track.
- Promote your content! Share your content on social media, email newsletters, and your website. The more people who see your content, the more likely you will drive sales.
How to measure the success of your content marketing efforts
To determine how effectively your content is engaging, you must first understand what you’re looking to get out of your content marketing efforts. Here are some things to consider:
- Revenue – Are you seeing an increase in sales or revenue?
- Awareness / Brand awareness – Is your content helping to raise awareness of your brand?
- Engagement – Are people interacting with your content? Are they sharing it, commenting on it, or liking it?
- Leads – Are you generating more leads?
These are just a few of the metrics you can use to measure the success of your content marketing efforts. Keep track of these numbers and compare them over time to see if your content has the desired effect.
It’s important to remember that content marketing is a long-term strategy. Don’t expect to see results overnight. It takes time to build an audience and generate results. However, if you create great content and promote it effectively, you will eventually see the results you’re looking for. Sales will increase, and you’ll be able to attract and retain more customers.
Content marketing is a powerful tool that can help you drive sales for your OTT business. By creating valuable, relevant content, you can build trust and credibility with your audience while attracting new customers and driving conversions. Use the tips above to create a content marketing strategy for your business and start seeing results. Contact us today if you want to learn more about content marketing or how 43Twenty can create a content marketing strategy for your OTT business. We’d be happy to chat with you about your content marketing goals.